DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Electrical and Wiring > Wiring w/no ground

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-14-2008, 09:45 PM  
shan2themax

Send a message via AIM to shan2themax Send a message via Yahoo to shan2themax

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennjanie View Post
A 19 year old child; I thought you were 23-25 yourself. Must have started awful young.
Glenn
hehehe..... I did start a little young.. but I will be 37 this year

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2008, 09:50 PM  
shan2themax

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple D View Post
I agree with glen, molly anchors. But there is something fishy with your wiring. I guess if the old light worked fine than wire the new one identically. And definately dont hook the ground wire to anything. My best advice for you is turn off all power in house before changing light. Its hard to give yourself c.p.r.
advice noted... and.... I checked with multimeter after I got a nice little thrill the other day.. .there was nothing to the light and when I checked teh black wires on the switch it read 124... so.. yes something is fishy.... and yes the light worked fine until the oldest hit the box with the countertop then I just thought that the bulb burnt out so that is what prompted me to change the light at this point.... but... I am off work over the next few days and except for Chases birthday (19) I dont intend to do a whole lot... .... so I will update and ask questions if needed over the next few days..... and I will at least test the wires again with my multimeter... and possibly borrow one from my neighbor just to make sure it is working correctly

you guys are great

Old 05-15-2008, 01:29 PM  
shan2themax

ok... so I wired the new light and the switch.... they are working well.... I am going to put in a junction box where the light is presently when I get the upper cabinets I think.... the drywall seems awfully soft around the opening... but... for now the light is working well and looks pretty good I just wish I could find some oil rubbed bronze paint so that the light I bought matched better.... but... it puts out the amount of light I wanted so I am happy

i'll post a pic at some point

Quick Reply