Last Activity:08-25-2009 3:57 PM
Posted in thread: new stairs - finishing chipboard risers? on 08-20-2009 at 12:45 PM
so here're some more details. the contract is not very specific. it basically says: "remove old
stairs; frame and install new stairs. cost for pine = $2300; cost for oak = $2950."of course we
Posted in thread: new stairs - finishing chipboard risers? on 08-18-2009 at 12:22 PM
thanks for all the thoughts. i'm sure it would be better to fully replace the risers but i'm
certain the contractor won't do that. the contractor actually had the stairs built by another
company then ...
Posted in thread: new stairs - finishing chipboard risers? on 08-18-2009 at 06:35 AM
hey all,we're in the process of having new hardwood stairs built. but my contractor decided to
install OSB risers with yellow pine treads. this was absolutely not the plan. we should've had
- LED Lights
- Bathroom tiling
- Small cabin help..?
- Basement Plumbing and Flooding Questions
- Your house is how old?
- Paint Chiping in Bathtub
- Driveway Sealer
- drylocking basement and removing mold on concrete
- Flooding Driveway
- One Word Game
- Completed Sanding, two questions before applying urethane finish.
- Install Quarter Round when there is large gap underneath the baseboard?
- Sistering floor joists in my hunting cabin to stop floor movement
- Shower pan
- Need opinions on what to do here... (Pics Included)
- Possible mold problems??