Last Activity:06-19-2006 6:32 PM
Posted in thread: Pier/Beam DYI Level attempt on 06-13-2006 at 09:10 PM
Hey Ironbutt....that darned sag in the wood is called "creep" in the wood. The unfortunate part
is that like other creeps ,it never leaves so you end up stuck with it haunting you every time
Posted in thread: HVAC guys - Estimates on 06-13-2006 at 04:29 PM
I never built a house 2000sqft+ and got away with anything less than a 3 ton unit. A 2 ton, 10
seer unit will work with a 1400-1700sqft home. It may run continuously on a 90 degree day
Posted in thread: Pier/Beam DYI Level attempt on 06-13-2006 at 04:26 PM
For the reply! Actually, I've got a little of both: sagging exterior load bearing, causing a
drop (rather dramtically) towards the wall in one room, and a hallway that falls towards the
center of the ...
Posted in thread: HVAC guys - Estimates on 06-13-2006 at 09:45 AM
just a little on this;I've got a house about the same size (~2200 , ~50 years old). System is
about 5 years old and is a 10 sear, 2 ton. According to my very quick, very uneducated guess,
the unit is ...
Posted in thread: Pier/Beam DYI Level attempt on 06-13-2006 at 09:31 AM
Good morning!Just found the forum, and I've done a bit of search...thought I would ask the
question and get some opinions.The house: 50 years old, pier and beam brick venier/wood
floorsThe soil: Texas...
- One Word Game
- Hallway header options where door is
- Carrier AC Outside Fan Will Not Turn ON
- Granite Installed - Possible Issue?
- Install Quarter Round when there is large gap underneath the baseboard?
- Req opinions on professionally completed drain repair.
- Hall Way Door - Is this load bearing?
- Need some help
- Pavers in an enclosed patio
- Lawnmower Question
- Driveway Resurfacing
- Shower faucet leaking when shower is on and replacing stem does not help
- Kitchen flooring
- sheetrock and plaster question
- How do I fill in a Koi Pond?