Last Activity:10-18-2010 4:27 PM
Posted in thread: reinforcing second floor joists on 06-11-2010 at 02:55 PM
What you described implies a flat roof. Are you sure you don't have normal trusses and you are
just looking at the bottom cord? That is an unbelievable span for a 2x5 (did you mean 2x6?), or
even a 2x...
Posted in thread: reinforcing second floor joists on 06-11-2010 at 02:47 PM
Extremely tough for anyone to answer w/out all the specs on the house. You better see a
qualified engineer, because you may well need to HAVE INSTALLED LONG AGO a foundation wall
under whatever is goi...
Posted in thread: joining new foundation to old on 06-11-2010 at 02:41 PM
imagine your bldr'll use mortar against the existing, too.my other suggestions would be a rope
to swing back & forth thereby saving the cost of a walkway :banana: Thanks for the reply. "My
Posted in thread: joining new foundation to old on 05-22-2010 at 01:36 AM
We are considering adding on to our present house; 2 story, daylight basement. We would add
onto the daylight side, essentially expanding what we have horizontally. The new building will
have its own ...
- Flashing problem?
- Lawnmower Question
- Size of intake vent?
- Need some help
- Hall Way Door - Is this load bearing?
- One Word Game
- Hallway header options where door is
- Carrier AC Outside Fan Will Not Turn ON
- Granite Installed - Possible Issue?
- Install Quarter Round when there is large gap underneath the baseboard?
- Req opinions on professionally completed drain repair.
- Pavers in an enclosed patio
- Driveway Resurfacing
- Shower faucet leaking when shower is on and replacing stem does not help
- Kitchen flooring