Last Activity:10-16-2006 12:12 AM
Posted in thread: Small Floor-jacking Project on 10-13-2006 at 01:25 PM
Instead of all this jacking and beam sizing and the like...why don't you just build a wall 16
OC under the area .This will disperse the weight evenly and you will not be under ANY point
Posted in thread: Small Floor-jacking Project on 10-13-2006 at 07:41 AM
OK, Dick, you make a couple of convincing points.I really didn't want to cut into my floor, but
it sounds like I should probably do it. I don't mind doing the work. (the worst of it will be
Posted in thread: Small Floor-jacking Project on 10-12-2006 at 11:24 PM
Dick - thanks for your comments. I may not have explained myself clearly: I'm NOT jacking up
the CENTER-BEAM, only the double-joist that's parallel to the CB, and on the other side of the
Posted in thread: New member from Lockport, NY (Western NY Area) on 10-12-2006 at 09:08 PM
Hello --I joined today, and I've seen great tips already. Great site. Also, I just bought a
house (~50 yrs old), and it needs lots of work. I've done tons of work on many previous houses,
but I'm gett...
Posted in thread: Small Floor-jacking Project on 10-12-2006 at 03:34 PM
...Of course, my NEXT project will be attacking the squeaks in the kitchen floor.Meanwhile, any
help with the floor-jacking would be appreciated.-Joe P.
Posted in thread: Small Floor-jacking Project on 10-12-2006 at 11:05 AM
I have a 50-yr old ranch-house, and most of the foundation is fine. The only problem is a
sagging floor, next to the staircase to the basement. Here's why:The main construction consists
of a center I-...
- My cat is a moron, again
- Re attaching flagstone in walkway
- What's that smell?
- Removing Shower Door/Frame Nails?
- Small hairline cracks in fiberglass balcony
- Tearing up ground level deck to deal with drainage issues at rear of house
- Granite Installed - Possible Issue?
- Floor Drain for AC Condensate Discharge
- Fastening to vinyl siding
- Builder's Joke Thread
- Stainless Steel Fridge
- One Word Game
- Building a Time Machine
- New construction door in pole barn with ribbed aluminum siding
- Need to temporarily remove A/C to replace decking
- Replacing Prehung Front Entry Door in Stucco