- Posts 5
Last Activity:07-05-2006 9:07 PM
Posted in thread: Sagging Investment Property on 07-05-2006 at 09:01 PM
How long are you looking to work on it before you sell it, or are you going to rent it for a
while, then sell it?If you've jacked up a house before and done the structural supporting work,
then you kn...
Posted in thread: add a non-supporting concrete "skirting" under log house on 07-05-2006 at 08:49 PM
Have you checked out loghomebuilders.org - they don't have detailed answers like that online,
but they do post phone numbers and their web site is very interesting.
Posted in thread: painting and cutting rot out of exterior planks on 07-05-2006 at 08:45 PM
With proper wood prep, good base like Kiltz (which covers stains too) and good weather when
it's applied an oil paint will hold up to southern exposure for 5 years, maybe more. I have an
all cedar pla...
Posted in thread: dry rot and mold on 07-05-2006 at 08:39 PM
And here's my two cents on the inspection/contractor topic: Do your homework first - look up
the type of damage you see around your home and then go on the web and search like crazy,
search at the lib...
Posted in thread: dry rot and mold on 07-05-2006 at 08:26 PM
What kind of mold is harmful to breath? I'm not talking about allergies, but I wondered if some
types of mold are environmentally bad. The home I'm trying to purchase now has water in
basement, as wel...
- Need some help
- Hall Way Door - Is this load bearing?
- One Word Game
- Hallway header options where door is
- Carrier AC Outside Fan Will Not Turn ON
- Granite Installed - Possible Issue?
- Install Quarter Round when there is large gap underneath the baseboard?
- Req opinions on professionally completed drain repair.
- Pavers in an enclosed patio
- Lawnmower Question
- Driveway Resurfacing
- Shower faucet leaking when shower is on and replacing stem does not help
- Kitchen flooring
- sheetrock and plaster question
- How do I fill in a Koi Pond?