Last Activity:10-26-2012 9:26 PM
Posted in thread: plastered over fireplaces on 10-26-2012 at 08:23 PM
Asked some older residents and you were right about the coal stoves! Have seen some other homes
in the area from the same period and they all have the plastered over fireplaces. We've
Posted in thread: plastered over fireplaces on 10-25-2011 at 12:37 PM
Well, we have decided to forge ahead. We have started demo-ing in one upstairs bedroom and
found a brick smokestack used for wood burning stoves. We are tearing the brick smokestack out
in four of the...
Posted in thread: excited to hear new ideas on 06-08-2011 at 06:09 PM
Hi Fizzer! I'm new here too and also excited to discuss renovation!
Posted in thread: plastered over fireplaces on 06-08-2011 at 04:49 PM
Thanks for your interest! I'm attaching pictures of one of the bedrooms. You can't see it in
the picture but the plaster under the mantel is bulging out. There are similar 'fireplaces' in
two other be...
Posted in thread: plastered over fireplaces on 06-08-2011 at 08:26 AM
Hi, I am new here and new to renovation!I just bought a house built in 1925. Most rooms have
what I thought were fireplaces that had been plastered over. There are no chimneys in the roof.
- Size of intake vent?
- Lawnmower Question
- Need some help
- Hall Way Door - Is this load bearing?
- One Word Game
- Hallway header options where door is
- Carrier AC Outside Fan Will Not Turn ON
- Granite Installed - Possible Issue?
- Install Quarter Round when there is large gap underneath the baseboard?
- Req opinions on professionally completed drain repair.
- Pavers in an enclosed patio
- Driveway Resurfacing
- Shower faucet leaking when shower is on and replacing stem does not help
- Kitchen flooring
- sheetrock and plaster question