Last Activity:04-29-2013 10:54 PM
Posted in thread: Red or White Oak on 04-29-2013 at 08:21 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, that is the best site I've seen on the topic so far. I'm more
convinced that this is white oak; however, since the local pro seemed convinced that it's red,
I'd love to get ...
Posted in thread: Red or White Oak on 04-28-2013 at 05:48 AM
I'm about to put hardwood in my kitchen, and I'm planning to feather it into the existing
hardwood that runs throughout the rest of my first floor. To my untrained eye, I thought it
looked like #2 Whi...
Posted in thread: 2'x2' Hole in basement floor, sewer line access? on 12-22-2012 at 04:40 PM
Well I dug around a bit, and the perpendicular pipe does appear to be capped-off. I've also
taken a couple of better shots of this possible check valve.I've attached a drawing of my
basement layout, a...
Posted in thread: 2'x2' Hole in basement floor, sewer line access? on 12-22-2012 at 10:36 AM
So we've been in our new home for a few months now (built in 1950), and I've found that there
is a 2'x2' hole in our basement floor, it was under a small pallet that neither we, nor our
Posted in thread: New Homeowner from Massachusetts on 12-22-2012 at 10:08 AM
Hello Everyone,I bought my first house a few months ago, and I'm constantly finding new things
to learn about. I'm an avid DIYer, and research anything and everything to figure out how it
- Lawnmower Question
- Size of intake vent?
- Need some help
- Hall Way Door - Is this load bearing?
- One Word Game
- Hallway header options where door is
- Carrier AC Outside Fan Will Not Turn ON
- Granite Installed - Possible Issue?
- Install Quarter Round when there is large gap underneath the baseboard?
- Req opinions on professionally completed drain repair.
- Pavers in an enclosed patio
- Driveway Resurfacing
- Shower faucet leaking when shower is on and replacing stem does not help
- Kitchen flooring
- sheetrock and plaster question