Last Activity:04-25-2012 5:04 PM
Posted in thread: 120 year old siding needs replacement on 07-25-2012 at 02:20 PM
I'd tear the siding off from the outside, remove then remove the foam. Re-insulate with
fiberglass, nail up some sheathing, install a vapor barrier and then hand some vinyl siding.You
may run into a p...
Posted in thread: 120 year old siding needs replacement on 04-25-2012 at 04:04 PM
It's really too bad that you can't patch the old siding in places and then just go over it with
a new siding. But if it has to go, and you can't leave the old foam in place, then yes you can
Posted in thread: 120 year old siding needs replacement on 04-25-2012 at 03:37 PM
Why do you feel you have to remove the foam that's there now?The foam is literally glued to the
back side of the decayed siding. When the foam is strayed onto wood, it gets embedded into the
Posted in thread: 120 year old siding needs replacement on 04-03-2012 at 12:28 PM
I'm currently restoring an old 120 house, which amazingly still has it's original siding. It is
old growth fir (true) 1" x 6" ship lap siding. But it has deteriorated to the point of needing
- Possible mold problems??
- Installing new garbage disposal
- Need opinions on what to do here... (Pics Included)
- One Word Game
- Kitchen Faucet
- Funny Pictures and stories....
- Shower pan
- Need some help
- Lawnmower Question
- Musky smelling rugs
- Install Quarter Round when there is large gap underneath the baseboard?
- Water damage from a ceiling leak
- Window air condition unit
- Carrier AC Outside Fan Will Not Turn ON
- No Water Running Into or Out of Toilet
- Need some advice