- Posts 5
Last Activity:09-07-2012 3:35 AM
Posted in thread: Roof Nailing on 09-07-2012 at 03:11 AM
We hope to have a new architectural roof put up on a 1924 colonial with 1x7 tongue and groove
decking. Most of the wood has held up very well for the 88 years, a few cracked pieces we can
Posted in thread: new roof advice on 09-07-2012 at 03:08 AM
Our 20 year old roof is on its last legs, and will be replaced this year. Initially I was
thinking aluminum shingles, but at 3X the cost we're having second thoughts. One concern about
just using stan...
Posted in thread: Wood deck painting on 09-07-2012 at 03:04 AM
What kind of coat and paint do you recommend for a wooden deck? I'm looking for something that
would actually enhance the natural color of my deck, I would like a brownish color.What do you
Posted in thread: How many supports beams needed on 09-07-2012 at 02:51 AM
Hello,I am building a deck this week. I called the lumber yard and the guy there seems to think
that I only need one support beam but It seems that 2 would be better. The deck is 15 x 20, the
Posted in thread: Tips for better deck building on 09-07-2012 at 02:46 AM
Making a deck all by yourself can be a challenging task for all those who do not know
carpentry. There should be a concrete plan before beginning to build a deck. This is important
because a plan enab...
- My cat is a moron, again
- Re attaching flagstone in walkway
- What's that smell?
- Removing Shower Door/Frame Nails?
- Small hairline cracks in fiberglass balcony
- Tearing up ground level deck to deal with drainage issues at rear of house
- Granite Installed - Possible Issue?
- Floor Drain for AC Condensate Discharge
- Fastening to vinyl siding
- Builder's Joke Thread
- Stainless Steel Fridge
- One Word Game
- Building a Time Machine
- New construction door in pole barn with ribbed aluminum siding
- Need to temporarily remove A/C to replace decking
- Replacing Prehung Front Entry Door in Stucco