- Posts 4
Last Activity:10-03-2007 2:39 PM
Posted in thread: 10' Beam instructions needed..... on 10-03-2007 at 12:43 PM
I'm sure glenjanie and Square Eye are trying to be helpful, but taking recommendations from
people on the internet about the structural portion of your house could be a poor decision.
Hire a structura...
Posted in thread: Cathedral ceiling support? on 10-03-2007 at 12:36 PM
Hey guys, so I'm mid-renovation on my home and have hit a bit of a stumbling block. Basically
my house is a two story, but the entire 2nd story has been converted out of attic space (my
guess). The se...
Posted in thread: Advise on replacing sill and rim joist on 10-03-2007 at 12:23 PM
If I were the buyer I would not accept structurally dependent repairs done buy the owner. Sill
replacement runs about a $100 a foot in my area. Hiring someone will let the buyers know its
Posted in thread: want to remove a post - load bearing? on 10-03-2007 at 12:12 PM
When in doubt I'd contact a structural engineer, only then will you be absolutely certain that
it doesn't have a structural purpose.
- Removing Felt Backed Linoleum
- Cast Iron Pipe Separation
- One Word Game
- Best way to get rid of dandelions from the yard
- Aggressive Deer
- Excel Workbook
- Bad block foundation options
- Possible mold problems??
- Installing new garbage disposal
- question about water from central a/c
- deck roof and gutter question
- A little help with hardware, please?
- Suggestions on how to repair