Last Activity:09-30-2011 9:08 AM
Posted in thread: Removing Old Flooring in Half Bath on 09-30-2011 at 08:08 AM
I understand these concerns but as I will be using thin-set in addition to securing the
hardibacker with cement screws I don't think sticking should be an issue. I was under the
impression that the mo...
Posted in thread: Removing Old Flooring in Half Bath on 09-29-2011 at 08:33 AM
What I think I may do is use thin-set mortar over the existing floor, and then install 1/4"
hardibacker. Do you see any issues with this? My plan is to install porcelain tile.
Posted in thread: Removing Old Flooring in Half Bath on 09-28-2011 at 12:28 PM
Thin-set was the wrong word then. As you can no doubt tell, I am a beginner in all things DIY.
I just bought my first house so I am learning as I go. Originally I thought there might be a
Posted in thread: Removing Old Flooring in Half Bath on 09-26-2011 at 11:42 AM
I am in the process of ripping up the old vinyl tile floor in my half bath so that I can
install porcelain tile. I have removed all of the vinyl tiles but I am having a lot of
difficulty removing the ...
- Transistion problem
- Carrier HVAC - Fan not turning
- Tub soft spots
- My cat is a moron, again
- Home improvement
- Re attaching flagstone in walkway
- What's that smell?
- Removing Shower Door/Frame Nails?
- Small hairline cracks in fiberglass balcony
- Tearing up ground level deck to deal with drainage issues at rear of house
- Granite Installed - Possible Issue?
- Floor Drain for AC Condensate Discharge
- Fastening to vinyl siding
- Builder's Joke Thread
- Stainless Steel Fridge
- One Word Game