Last Activity:06-03-2012 3:17 PM
1 Likes on 1 Posts
Posted in thread: Correct way to install aluminum window capping? on 06-03-2012 at 02:10 PM
Aluminum capping is the WORST thing anyone can do to a window sill. Most home owners with wood
windows think they are solving a problem by having aluminum capping installed....but they are
Posted in thread: Painting wood windows on 10-15-2011 at 01:25 PM
I have been replacing and repairing wood frame and wood sash windows for several years and have
SLOWLY LEARNED what I think is a major problem.In the "olden days" when putty was used as the
Posted in thread: Windows in southern Climate on 12-01-2010 at 07:58 AM
You have a choice;of reducing the A/C costs OR getting some solar heat in the winter. If there
is no shade on the south side in the summer and the A/C is a burden then get the Low-E. If you
Posted in thread: Removing Moisture from double pane windows on 11-27-2010 at 03:18 PM
I am in the window installation and repair business and noticed there are a lot of people
interested in this subject....and lots of misunderstandings on the subject. So.......How
important is the seal...
- Exhaust Faqn In Bathroom
- One Word Game
- Need some help
- Flashing problem?
- Lawnmower Question
- Size of intake vent?
- Hall Way Door - Is this load bearing?
- Hallway header options where door is
- Carrier AC Outside Fan Will Not Turn ON
- Granite Installed - Possible Issue?
- Install Quarter Round when there is large gap underneath the baseboard?
- Req opinions on professionally completed drain repair.
- Pavers in an enclosed patio
- Driveway Resurfacing
- Shower faucet leaking when shower is on and replacing stem does not help