Help me with colors

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ineedtips

Reaction score
what will look good with my tan leather furntiure?? I thought red but tried that and it is BAD! lol
Any suggestions I liek greens but not sure what and where to start now!

go get a bunch of diffrent colors pieces from like lowes and put them on the wall to see what you like then just go get a quart and paint a area live with it for a couple of days then if you like it buy more or even pick a clour of green from your fav painting and find a green that looks best with it
I would do sagey greens they look the best

Thank you! I was thinking even a pumpkin color but not to orange you know what I mean

ohhh a pumpkiny color would be nice also! Liek the candyman said go get some swatches from the paint store and see what would like better after a few days

tought one here i like green and oranges
Just no browns! I am sick of browns! lol
Do you have a fav pic you could try and match to or bring out a certain color in it?

is it a big area you could even do darker greens but also try it out before you buy a gallon of paint
ornages with browns look nice also not to orange not to brown

I like the pumpkin color. You can change your accessories very easily with it. Red, blue, green and even a plum color would work well. I'm considering a similar color for my foyer, I think it is called Camel. Good Luck :)

Hello,
Allot of my customers,once they narrow down thier color choices they will pick up a quart of each one. Use a small light nap rollar and roll differnt spots around the room about 2ft by 2ft. Colors will even take on a different effect on the other side of the room. Put the colors side by side. Put them behind the sofa and near window treatments.
John

If you arn't good with colour matching, leave the painting till the room is otherwise finished. I use some 1200 x 1200 plaster board (dry wall) panels to paint sample colours, then leave them in the room for a while to gauge the effect.

It's a good way to avoid getting a colour that doesn't fit- sometimes a colour that you like in one room, just doesn't work in another.

And get some second opinions from family members or trusted friends.

Latest posts

Back