What's your Temp?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When it was still February I seemed to be able to handle this better, but today March 4, 2014 and Negative TEN Fahrenheit that’s -10F and windy (5:00 am), and I looked to the skies and held up my hands and proclaimed “Enough God!” “I will no longer argue my disbelief of man-made global warming. Just bring the spring.” My dog was looking at me like can we get moving here or I’m going in the driveway.

I can hardly wait till summer and I can get on here and complain about the heat.
:hide:

I'm still trying to figure out where Oldog puts that long handle.
Daylight saving time this weekend, we used think winter was over when we changed the clocks.

I'm still trying to figure out where Oldog puts that long handle.
Daylight saving time this weekend, we used think winter was over when we changed the clocks.

I think that’s where the newtrick part comes in.

As to daylight savings time it might just make it warmer. I have been watching the thermometer more than ever this winter and I noticed most of the time the coldest is just before dawn.

All my long johns are short handled maybe I should check out the long handled ones, I think they are made by Carhartt. I hear they are warm but a pain to break in.
:eek:

Oh those red long handles. My grandma used to wear those. We never had much use for them as she wouldn’t dig them out (Long Johns, northern term) till it hit -40F.

It hasn't gotten cold enough for long pants and a jacket this year. Been the mildest winter in years.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Repair

Beautiful spring morning today, a balmy 9 degrees. I didn’t even bother warming the truck up and was tempted to roll the window down. They are saying highs in the mid to high 30’s all next week. I will be cooking out for sure.

One of our guys is in Fla. on vacation this week and he has the number to the pager system and has been phoning in weather reports all week. It’s really getting old.

Weatherman said 57 here today and 73 next Tuesday. Maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel, or it could just be a huge snowflake. ;)

21 degrees this morning and warming up to 40 thru next week I watched the weather and said yahoo I can unhook the plow and I no sooner got the words out and he said snow accumulation later in the week.

73 nice, we are planning a couple day trip in about 3 weeks to get outa Dodge for a few days. Nashville might be just over our driving range, hmmmm.

Interesting....the weatherman said this morning on the 5:00 AM forecast, that the long range projections from last fall was for this winter to be one mildest in recent history. The forecast last spring was for one of the most severe hurricane seasons last summer...wrong on both accounts. Couldn't believe he actually admitted that long range projections are far from an accurate science. I put as much faith in weather predictions as I do Gypsy fortune tellers.

March 13, 2014 Spring has sprung. 4 F this morning. Driving to work it was like everyone, myself included has given up on winter. We got about 8 inches of snow overnight and no one seemed to be plowing of shoveling township wasn’t even out yet I bet they were taking the pothole fixing stuff off the trucks. They are predicting it might hit 40 tomorrow so hopefully it will go away as quick as it arrived.

Back