Hobbies other than home repair.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have to take crap for the things that don't work out, take credit for the good stuff evan if it was an accident:trophy:

:rofl::rofl: good advice,,,,

just finished this for my wife,,,I think she has enough...the drawer is full.
time to move on to something else:)

bracelet 001.jpg

Frodo, those are so cool!

Here's another idea if you ever get bored. I found them while google searching for something.
8f4334fc65735404eaf0981c947595e6.jpg

f4130a708fa80b339506cfbfd5470567.jpg

Although, I think that could be a waste of some useful parts.

Frodo, those are so cool!

Here's another idea if you ever get bored. I found them while google searching for something.
8f4334fc65735404eaf0981c947595e6.jpg

f4130a708fa80b339506cfbfd5470567.jpg

Although, I think that could be a waste of some useful parts.

you gave me an idea....

here is some more stuff i have been beating on..

001.jpg

new braceletes 001.jpg

new braceletes 002.jpg

new braceletes 004.jpg

new braceletes 006.jpg

new braceletes 008.jpg

new braceletes 009.jpg

Last edited:
Those are so neat! How did you get the twisted looking one to go like that? Is that separate pieces intertwined? Kinda reminds me of ancient jewelry, which is cool. I love things from ancient cultures.

Those are so neat! How did you get the twisted looking one to go like that? Is that separate pieces intertwined? Kinda reminds me of ancient jewelry, which is cool. I love things from ancient cultures.

thanks,,it starts out is a copper pipe and a piece of wire

beaten on the anvil, twisted, folded and annealed,

pm me your wrist measurement, and pick one of the designs

my favorites,

new braceletes 009.jpg

new braceletes 001.jpg

Last edited:
My biggest 'hobby' is my dogs, I love to work with them...do a little obedience and training, etc.. I'm hoping to turn this guy into my service dog, but only time will tell there.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABvT5th4KWQ[/ame]

LOL,,,we were sitting around discussing holsters for our 1911's. I made the statement I thought a paracord holster would be different.

A buddy said it could not be done.

oh oh,,,,that means i have to do it..

so, last couple of days I have been eye ball deep in knots and snags....not only did i make a holster, i made a spare mag holster also

now they all want one.........

first picture is magazine holder,,,which can also be a cell phone or smart phone/tablet holder.

a budy wants one for his magpul 6

i think i need to start charging these freeloaders..... NANN! then they would start charging me

and that wont do !!!

this is the first one, it has learning curve flaws, the next will be perfict

holster 004.jpg

holster 001.jpg

holster 002.jpg

holster 003.jpg

Last edited:
Applebear, I like your drawings!

Frodo, those paracord things are sweet!

Applebear, is it you or the dog that has right and left wrong, or is there a reason for that. Nice art work.

I was actually trying to teach him something else that requires a cue word, which was 'left'...he wasn't getting it and I just figured, "heck with it" and started teaching him to shake with wrong paw as a joke.

Can't beat them, join them....hehe :D

I think I'm about to have a hobby of making a grumpy cat sign saying "Get Off My Lawn" because the people from the power company were just running large tractors all over my lawn and parked right on top of my field lines-- I told the dude 3 times at least to get off of my field lines and he just sat there.. If he damaged my lines, I will be a very grumpy cat.

Edit: I looked at pictures of adorable kittens to cheer myself up.

Last edited:
I think I'm about to have a hobby of making a grumpy cat sign saying "Get Off My Lawn" because the people from the power company were just running large tractors all over my lawn and parked right on top of my field lines-- I told the dude 3 times at least to get off of my field lines and he just sat there.. If he damaged my lines, I will be a very grumpy cat.

Edit: I looked at pictures of adorable kittens to cheer myself up.

9468898-cartoon-of-mean-old-woman-with-a-rolling-pin-isolated-on-white.jpg

I need a soundbyte of Clint Eastwood saying "get off my lawn" from Gran Torino movie. Heh.

And I discovered a very strange hobby that some people have of making Youtube videos of themselves opening easter eggs, blind toy boxes, play-doh covered containers, etc and making comments about the contents. Boring as hell, but my friend's 2-year-old LOVES it.

Back