Links for green building supplies

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sven.... great job, more folks should follow your lead.
The times are here and people need to take notice. This stuff will become the new building products and folks should understand how they are used.

Old schooli'n is over unfortunately.

No more clear 2x4s guy's....remember the day's?:eek:

What about recycling centers? The Tool Shed in Worcester, MA comes to mind--it's a consignment shop for used tools. Anyone know of other, similar stores in other parts of the country?

If you want stuff for free...or have stuff in good condition to give away...try www.freecycle.org. You have to sign up ...but the stuff is good.:D

I encourage you to give it a whirl. Keep the dumps free of good stuff.

Habitat for Humanity has the Restore here in Raleigh. I take my extras over rather then trash them. See some nice stuff now and again.

What about recycling centers? The Tool Shed in Worcester, MA comes to mind--it's a consignment shop for used tools. Anyone know of other, similar stores in other parts of the country?

In Pittsburgh, we have Construction Junction.

- Construction Junction

Obviously, it's hit-or-miss, but good for hard-to-find items when refinishing an old home. They have a lot of neat stuff from buildings that were about to be demolished.

iGreenBuild is a useful source- it offers some on-site products as well as a buyer's guide.

diggin up an old thread, but these are great resources...

My and my Wife bought a fixer-upper and are trying to remain as material neutral as we can.

tough when we have to buy new, but the habitat restore and C-list are great for items that can have a second life.

Actually I'm glad you dug this thread out. It's what I was looking for!
Thank you to the original poster too.

Latest posts

Back