self-leveling compounds?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kklein59

Reaction score
I have a room with concrete pad which had linoleum put over it and then someone put concrete over half of the linoleum. I have been trying to get up the exposed linoleum that I can but cannot remove all the layers and the glues.

1) Is there a self leveler that can be used OVER linoleum, cement, and glue? If so, where can I find it? I would like to find one that I can add a color to and have that be the floor finish. Will that work?

I do not have much room to work with in terms of raising the floor.

Other ideas....

2) can i throw down a layer of cement over all of it and if so, how thick will it have to be?

3) If I out a yellow pine wood floor over it, what should I use for vapor barrier and how do i attach the wood to the floor?

Thanks for any all help!!!

Someone pored concrete over linolum, that's nuts.
For concrete it would need at least a 3" layer to not crack. They must have used some form of epoxy grout instead of concrete. Concrete has aggregate (stones) in it so it can not be pored in thin layers.
And no there's no floor leveling compound that's colored to be used as a finished floor. And none that can be pored over linolium and then walked on.
Sounds like you have a mess on your hands.
A concrete floor is hard, and cold to walk on, plus it's bad for your back.
What I did in my slab floor house was lay down 6 mil. plastic then 3/4" blue foam, a layer of Advantec subflooring that gets screwed down through everything with Tap Con screws, then a I used Allour flooring over the whole thing. Now I have a warm solid floor.

Can u provide photo of the floor?
How off is the floor now
I think the 3" layer of concrete is over kill
You can thin set this out to be level
Use a moisture barrier under lament.
Then your best bet to use a laminate floor interlocking

Sent from my iPhone iOS5

Latest posts

Back