Need a gadget/contraption

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, need to pick a few brains for some ideas. Need a system that lets one person pick the cap off of a truck and store it in another location. So far my idea is a hoist from above picking the cap up and off. Only problem is what to use as the "hooks" or "fingers" that will grab and pick the cap off the bed rails without damaging the lip of the cap that rests on the bed rails.
Also, some sort of a "swinging arm" to swing the cap to another location. Or a sytem where you back the truck up to say a pair of arms or rails that when you back up the cap rides up and onto those arms or rails. So give me some ideas and I hope that some are tried and true.

Travelover, thanks. Pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. Just thinking that the rubber hooks would either break, crack that lip on the cap or at least put some ugly abrasions taking away the paint on the cap. But thanks again, just what I needed.

A 15 ton capacity...you could change your own oil from underneath!!

Probably worth more than the garage it's usually in:eek: , and no one can borrow it.:D

Back