Removing simulated bricks from backsplash

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronna

Reaction score
Hello....
I'm in the process of redoing my backsplash. My problem is there are big rocks that were cemented onto the wall. I've tried EVERYTHING to try to get them off (other than taking a big sludge hammer to them) Does anyone have any recommendations on how to remove these rocks?

It's sort of looks like this http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/4968886/181620-main_Full.jpg

but not as close together and not as well done....

I'd try a masonry chisel and hammer to see if you can't get a few pried loose to give you some leverage. Then I'd try using a prybar.

If you get a few out of the way, you might be able to cut some of the more stubborn ones free using a Rotozip or other cutter with a masonry blade or wheel.

Just one thought.

any idea what's behind the rocks?? My concern is that whatever is behind there when you're finished removing the rocks, the wall will be so pitted that you will have to tear it out anyway.

worst case scenario's the ' rocks ' are mortared onto expand'd wire mesh stapl'/nail'd to the wall studs or sheetrock,,, tear it all out & be done w/it,,, you may wish to gently try to remove however you wish but that's because your time is cheap,,, we have to get in AND get out to be profitable,,, most homeowners/diy-er's don't/won't/can't consider labor costs since they work for 1/2 of min wage.

ps - that link was of conc looking like stone

Latest posts

Back