Help! Cracks and movement.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgrevillius

Reaction score
Okay so we bought this house about 1 1/2 months ago and all the windows have gaps or cracks between the window and the wall. On several of the windows, when I push out on the top corners the whole window moves, temporarily making the gap even bigger. It seems like if you push hard enough, the whole window is going to fall out of the hole in the wall it is mounted in. How do I fix this? Do I need whole new windows or can it be repaired? I called a couple window companies and was shocked when they all told me they wouldn't even come look at it because they only install new windows. I have no idea who to call to look at it. Thanks in advance.

Hey welcome to the site. There are lots of different windows so a quick answer will not be possible. See if you can post some photos of inside and outside of the windows.

As requested, I have attached some pictures of the windows. The last 2 show the effect of my pushing out on the bedroom windows. Advice? Thanks.

By the way, all the brownish residue is where the previous owner simply put tape around the windows. Lazy.....

IMG_0583.JPG

IMG_0584.JPG

IMG_0585.JPG

IMG_0586.JPG

IMG_0587.JPG

IMG_0588.JPG

IMG_0589.JPG

IMG_0590.JPG

IMG_0591.JPG

IMG_0592.JPG

I haven't worked on windows like that so hopefully someone will come along that is up on this. It sure dosen't look like it was ever finnished nicely.

Back