Raidant Barrier Paint

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmichel75

Reaction score
Hey guys... new to this forum.. I have a house that was built in the late 40's in DFW area in Texas. I have recently done some upgrades to my home, and I want to re-insulate my home with R-60 insulation. I did some research and was pricing stuff when i came across radiant barrier paint. I was wondering if any of you DIY'ers out there have installed this stuff and is it worth the cost for the paint. I called Sherman Williams and its about 500 for 5 gal bucket. I want to spray this stuff on. I have heard from some sites that you can spray it on just take the filters off the rental equip and get a larger nozzle for the gun and an extension wand. I want to spray before I blow the insulation in, but just want to know if any one had problems with the installation and or how hard it was to do this DIY task. It sounds like its effective, but want to weigh out my options. If any one has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Jose

Back