Greetings to All from Illinois

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stretchman

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is Brian and I reside in the Chicagoland area, specifically the southwest suburbs. I like to do as much small fix it jobs around the house as possible but am not afraid to use "professionals" to get the job done right, I just am very skeptical of trusting the right people to do a good job. At least if you do it yourself, you know you have done the best you can.

As far as my current concern and what has brought me to this site, we have a vacation home that needs a water softener. The hardness is 25 grains and we have narrowed it down to either an Ecowater system (model 3502) or one local plumbing company has starting selling a Frieje Easywater no salt electrical system. The guy tauted the Easywater system as being more efficient and economical but the cost of the unit and install is about the same as the ecowater ($1400.00). I have searched the web but have found no ratings/opinions on the easywater electrical softener. Any input would be appreciated.

I personally have not seen these two in action...or the results of their actions...I would call around to other companies if I were unsure to get thier feelings. I always call outside my area to get someone who has an outside opinon.
I would also call some plumbers or water testing companies to get their views. Plumbers will know the service parts and the water testing can tell you if they are full of hot air.

Anyone else??
Good luck.

Another Brian....

Back