Baseboard Heat Height

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drewdin

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have pics to come later but the plumber installed the baseboard heat last week. The first thing we noticed was that you can see the copper pipes on each side of the heat. Its not a lot but you can see roughly about 1/4" of pipe at the bottom.

I brought this to his attention he said that they are all like that i just never noticed it. Im not a plumber but I do not remember ever seeing any pipe showing where the end caps are, thats what i thought the end caps are there for.

What is the correct way to install the baseboard? Am i being to picky?

I will have some pictures later

Hello,
The baseboard radiator is supposed to rest upon the "Finished Floor". However, if there is rug then it would rest on the subfloor and the rug atop the subfloor as well.
The endcaps should cover. Note. If you have hardwood and the radiators are off the hardwood , you will see the copper pipe even if the radiator is above by 1/2" or more.
You have a choice... either have the contractor lower the radiators or give it 2 weeks and you will forget all about it.

It's amazing the things we notice and then after a little bit of time wont even think twice about

hey guys, here is a pic of what they all look like. You can see the backing of the heat is against the floor but the end caps don't cover. I guess it is what it is.

I checked the website of the baseboard company and it looks the same Slant/Fin I don't think there is anything to fix unfortunately

2013-10-19 16.06.13.jpg

Last edited:
nealtw said:
Maybe they expect you to inhstall it to the subfloor before you install the hardwood.

The plumber wanted the floors in first before the heat.

Back