Needs hideous partical ceiling raised!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JennyWren01

Reaction score
I bought an older home a few years ago which had an add-on from the previous - previous owers (if that makes any sense). It's an older shotgun type home (just straight back), in the very back of the home is the add-on. Within the add-on is the master bed/bathroom that has the partical raised ceiling. All the rest of the house has 10 ft ceilings. My bedroom has a 10ft ceiling but midway drops to 7ft. So half my ceiling is 10ft and the other half is 7ft (not to be confused with vaulted)!!! Oh, and my master bath is 7ft also. I'll be putting a pic later this evening. Anyways it is hideous and I need it raised! Thx in advance!

From what you discribed, it sounds like someone closed in the back porch and added a beam to hold up the origenal back wall.
We will need a discription of the back roof and the main roof and the foundation for both. Is this house a one or two story and do you have a basement?

Back