Top Tool Brands

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:D My opinion....basic power tools for contractors are Makita, Porter cable, Bosch, Milwakee, Dewalt and Delta. Powermatic for a tablesaw is not bad, .... there are alot of tools we use for different tasks also. I think we did a pole survey about this a while back. Tools of the trade is a great magazine put out buy Hanley wood. They also produce The journal of light construction which caters to most of the reputable trade guys out there. I used to go to their yearly technical conventions years ago and you could test all the tools from the companies and have competitions with them. They do a good job of letting you know who is on top this year.

Try www.coastaltool.com for a good company I live near.;)

:D My opinion....basic power tools for contractors are Makita, Porter cable, Bosch, Milwakee, Dewalt and Delta. Powermatic for a tablesaw is not bad, .... there are alot of tools we use for different tasks also. I think we did a pole survey about this a while back. Tools of the trade is a great magazine put out buy Hanley wood. They also produce The journal of light construction which caters to most of the reputable trade guys out there. I used to go to their yearly technical conventions years ago and you could test all the tools from the companies and have competitions with them. They do a good job of letting you know who is on top this year.

Try www.coastaltool.com for a good company I live near.;)

Got my first JLC in the mail today. Gawd, I feel like such a profechinal. :D

I agree with the above and try to buy the best brands for tools I expect to use and own for a long time. Sometimes, when I'm really looking for the best and reviews about it, I'll look at Fine Woodworking or Fine Homebuilding. If it's something for one time use, somtimes I'll buy the cheap chinese brand from Harbor Freight or a place like that.

I mean great.... those Fine mags are hanley wood pubs also.
Good to hear someone else is in the www.jlconline.com crowd. I have gone to those ed. conferences....the best around for contractors. Worth every penny I didn't get into building trouble for later.:)

Back