RE: Warning about Re-Bath

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RGold

Reaction score
My original post is locked and I can not make any edits to it at this point. I would like people to know that the images that were originally posted are no longer available to be seen as part of my settlement with the Re-Bath corporation.
I have posted this information in the original thread but most people do not take the time to read all the way through it.
I appreciate the overwhelming response I have received from people all over the country expressing their concern for the work that was done.
Again, I am unable to discuss this any further or show any of the images due to the agreement I have with Re-Bath.

Thank you,

Ron Goldman

Hello Ron:
I can understand them not wanting the images shown anymore. I saw them the first time you posted them and that was enough for me.
You know? We still have people asking about the reputation of Re-Bath on here. I certainly would not recommend them; even if they could get a good fit and finish with it, you would still just have a plastic tub subject to scratches, stains and looking awful in a few years. NOT FOR ME!
Glenn

Wow. I'm sorry I missed the rest of this story. I guess I'll have to do some digging to find the original post. My friends have all warned me about Re-Bath. please keep us posted! (no pun intended)

Please read the entire thread about my problems with ReBath before sending me angry emails about not being able to find the images mentioned. I have cleary stated several times that the images have been removed as part of my settlement with the corporate office. For legal reasons, I can not email them to anyone or discuss the problems I had. I am sorry for the confusion but this information is clearly written out in the original thread as well as this one.
The original thread is locked and there is no way to edit the information contained in it.

Thank you for taking the time to read all of it before calling me or sending an email.

Ron

Hello Ron:
Re-Bath didn't settle with me so I can tell part of your story. I remember seeing large cracks around the tub that were dobbed up with caulking and I remember you saying one of the cracks was 5/8" wide.
Yours is not the only complaint about Re-Bath we have heard, the complaints are many and troublesome. We had someone come in and refinish our cast-iron tub and it looked really good.....for a few weeks. The have re-done th job 4 or 5 times and it still peeled off again in the bottom of the tub. The sides and outside seem to be holding well even after something like 10 years.
What I am saying is, if you're going to spend the money, get a new cast-iron tub and have it installed professionally. Then have a professional tile man to come in and re-do the tile. You'll be glad you did and you won't have to worry about fit or match or any of that stuff.
Glenn

Hi Glenn. I now have a firm rule of going and visually inspecting a contractors work before hiring them. No more phone references or relying on the BBB or contractors board about complaints.

You should see some of the emails I have received from people when they can't find the images which I've clearly stated are no longer available. It would be nice if they would read more of the thread before accusing me of something that just isn't true!
As much as I would like to help everyone that writes or calls, I can not risk the headache of more lawyers and/or going back to court.
I can just encourage everyone to do their homework before hiring anyone and if they feel that the job was not done correctly, then hire an attorney and stand up for their rights. The consumer protection act is there for a reason.

Ron

All you have to do is send me a PM to get a thread deleted. I don't want this forum to be another headache for you!

Boy I wish I had seen all these warnings about Rebath before I hired them. We signed a contract with our local Rebath in June of 2008. It's now March of 2009 and our job still isn't finished. Most of our supplies we paid for in the contract have not even been ordered and alot of the stuff they did put in is wrong. The owner kept giving us the run around and completely insulting us so we called the police, filed BBB complaints and contacted some local reporters. Now he has the nerve to have his lawyer send us threatening letters saying he is going to sue us for defamation if we don't take back the complaints. I hope he does take it to court so people can see how they treat customers that paid them good money. The owner even went to the point of getting online and posting nasty messages about us and our family. I might post the letter from the lawyer and the pictures of the way they left our home just so people can see how Rebath treats people and the nerve they have leaving peoples homes in that condition. The Corporate office continues to ignore us and does nothing about our problems. We even sent them copies of our contracts, pics of the house and everything. We are extremely dissapointed as our house is for sale and people notice how bad the bathrooms are.

Ron, bear with me because I never replied to a thread before and not certain of what I am doing. I have what a quick question and one I think you can answer even given your legal agreement. I have been unable to find/read your original thread.

I am considering having Re-Bath of Spokane (WA) install a molded tub liner only - no wall or shower work. Is this the same product and manufacturer that you had issues with? The company for this particular product is located in Tempe, AZ. I have visited their showroom and the product looks great (as I would expect it would). I would appreciate any information your are willing and able to share.

G. Duran

Please read the entire thread about my problems with ReBath before sending me angry emails about not being able to find the images mentioned. I have cleary stated several times that the images have been removed as part of my settlement with the corporate office. For legal reasons, I can not email them to anyone or discuss the problems I had. I am sorry for the confusion but this information is clearly written out in the original thread as well as this one.
The original thread is locked and there is no way to edit the information contained in it.

Thank you for taking the time to read all of it before calling me or sending an email.

Ron

Wecome G Duran:
That series of threads worked out to be really nasty. We got messages from several others telling of their troubles with Re-Bath. The point of all the messages was, if you're dealing with Re-Bath RUN!
Glenn

Hello folks.

I'm the owner of Re-Bath in Spokane, WA and in Reno, NV. This month I've celebratd my 4th year owning a Re-Bath franchise.

Re-Bath has been around since 1979 and has completed more than 2 million remodels.

In my 4 years, my franchises have won "Best franchise" and "Best operations" awards within the network of more than 200 Re-Bath franchises around the country.

It pains me to see such a lopsided view of our company, especially painted by people who perhaps haven't see a high quality Re-Bath remodel. My franchises have remodeled thousands of bathrooms. We've worked in homes, hotels, college dorms, military bases, apartments and even large showers at health clubs. I have binders full of glowing compliments from customers who are thrilled with our product, work and process. I'll be happy to put Mr. Duran in touch with many of our happy customers in the Spokane area!

Now that you've read this far, let me specifically address the problems described in other parts of this thread.

-Gaps
Gaps are caused by improper preparation or incorrect templating of the area to be remodeled. Ideally, a qualified installer will accurately template a tub or wall system and fit the material exactly to the space it is meant to fill. A properly trained installer will get the fit right the first time.

-Long wait times
ManDM above talks about a complaint with the franchise in Colorado Springs. There isn't really enough detail there to make a fair response. However, my franchises have never had a similar problem. We have tolerated the rare issue with an item on back order from the factory. When this happens (less than 1% of th time), we call and write to our customer to let them know what's going on, and to set up a feasible schedule.

-RGold's pictures
Since I cannot see them, I do not want to pass judgment. Frankly, I believe he must have had a terrible experience. However, I do not want my business painted with the same brush. We have strict install specifications, and a firm quality assurance program in place. Our QA covers everything from customer's initial phone call to the quality of their installation, and the follow up a few weeks later to make sure they are 100% satisfied.

Our marks are very high. We ask each and every customer if they are 100% satisfied, and if the answer is anything but an enthusiastic "yes" we work to fix the problem. In over 3000 remodels, we've never had an unresolved issue.

I would like to challenge glennjanie, square eye and the other moderators here to post pictures from many of our successful remodels, and comments from many of our customers who are absolutely thrilled with not only their bathrooms, but with their whole Re-Bath experience. Just let me know where to send the information.

I'd like to submit for your consideration that nearly every Re-Bath franchise in the country does excellent work more than 99% of the time, and for the less than 1% where there is an issue, most of us care...a LOT, and will bend over backwards to try to make a customer happy.

To that point: I propose that GDuran allow us to remodel his tub. If he is thrilled with the remodel, we'll post the results here for all to see. If he isn't thrilled, we'll post the results here for all to see. If it looks any different from the units in our showroom, I'll refund his purchase price. Furthermore, I'll invite a TV station to come and film the entire process, if anyone is interested.

Then you will all know the rest of the story (and I will have taken lemons and made lemonaide).

Thanks for reading!

Alan Hansen, President
Re-Bath of Spokane
Re-Bath of Northern Nevada

REBATH put in my new inclosure yesterday, it looks great, but they miss aliened the drainage holes it takes about an hour for my tub to drain now??
I'm calling them back to come and see what they can do if anything!
For $5000 it should be right!
[email protected]

The installer from Rebath came back out yesterday and went above and beyond his duty, we found the problem with my slow drainage,it had nothing to do with the tub enclosure or his work!
GOOD JOB
KUDOS TO REBATH:clap:
I WILL RECOMEND THEM TO ALL

Welcome Alan:
You are the first to write a positive comment about Re-Bath and I appreciate it. Yes, we have judged your company by a few complaints but, that's all we heard.
I also appreciate your offer to re-do the job for GDuran; that's the most positive method for saving the name of the company.
You may post pictures (limit of 4 per post) to your heart's content. We would love to see some of them. Please accept my appology for berating your company; you have changed my mind.
Glenn

Having been in bathtub refinishing for many years, we tried selling and installing the liners (not Re-Bath), and it was the biggest mistake we ever made. Re-Bath, with all their faults, is not the root of the problem. Liners are the problem. They simply do not work as advertised. Extremely difficult to measure and fit properly. The Re-Baths in our area have stopped installing liners all together, and only do remodeling now. There were just too many problems with linersl.

Having been in bathtub refinishing for many years, we tried selling and installing the liners (not Re-Bath), and it was the biggest mistake we ever made. Re-Bath, with all their faults, is not the root of the problem. Liners are the problem. They simply do not work as advertised. Extremely difficult to measure and fit properly. The Re-Baths in our area have stopped installing liners all together, and only do remodeling now. There were just too many problems with linersl.

Rebath has a completly different system than a contractor who buys tub liners from a distributor. Rebath liners are molded from cast iron or steel tubs that are housed at the plant and have been collected from previous projects. Tub liner distributors use a lot of fiberglass molds that produce warped and sub standard liners. Rebath also uses trained installers who know how to instal a tub liner. I have used a general contractor (once), Bath Fitters (once) and Rebath ( 27 times) to instal tub liners for some of my higher end rental properties.

The general contractor who I used was no fly by night company, he was well known in the area for his renovations but he did not have people who were trained in installing a tub liner. The product he ordered was also junk.

Bath Fitters was almost worse than the general contractor. They use a "one piece wall system" which turns out to be 10 piece system once all of the ugly trim is attached. The tub liner was also very poorly made, it bulged on one side.

Rebath was golden from day one. The installers were knowlegable and very skilled. The only problem that happened was around job 16 and it was solved that next day. Rebath also offers a far superior product than the rest of them. They show an extreamly high customer satisfaction rating when compaired to any other home improvement franchises. They are my choice for bathtub remodeling until I retire.

I find it to be funny that people will judge a company on a couple of jobs that go wrong out of the thousands that they produce. According to a previous post ReBath has installed over 2 million bathtubs. Do you think a company that has been in business since 1979 and has installed that many bathtubs would still be around if they were crooks or scam artists? The numbers speak for themselves and the fact of the matter is that people dont go online and post good things that contractors do, they only want to blow off steam when things go bad. On top of that a lot of the people that B*tch and moan online are known as the customer that cant be satisfied no matter how good the work is. I am not saying that the people who have posted here are just cry babies but I am sure a few of them are. Problems happen in home improvement, some times its the contractors fault other times it cant be helped. You judge a contractor on weather or not they fix the problem.

A bad contractor walks away with your money a good one takes care of the issue.

Regarding Alan Hansen's remarks concerning Re-Bath of Northern Nevada and Re-Bath of Spokane. It may be true that Re-Bath has an excellent product and installation, but I have to be concerned about the ethics of some franchise owners. It appears that Re-Bath of Northern Nevada crosses the state line to do business in various northern california communities such as Truckee, Susanville and South Lake Tahoe. They do so in violation of California Law. My mother waned a tub-to-shower conversion and had made an appoitment with Re-Bath of Northern Nevada, but after asking me to check them out, I discovered they do not have a California contractor's license, nor do they have workman's comp. in California. It is deplorable that they would prey on the elderly, putting their home at risk. I invite Mr. Hansen to prove to us that he operates legally in California.

Last edited:
He doth protest too much!!!!!

Alan Hansen WAS a Rebath dealer but do to his poor work he was forced to close his franchise and then he REOPENED as a Luxury bathtub liner dealer.

All of these guys give real contractors a black eye when one day an accountant decides he wants to be a contractor, buys a franchise and then the next day he is rippinig people off because the customer thinks that because they advertise a lot then it must be a GOOD product.

My advice is hire a real plumber or general contractor. And if you have bought something from one of these guys call the attonery general.

Regarding Alan Hansen's remarks concerning Re-Bath of Northern Nevada and Re-Bath of Spokane. It may be true that Re-Bath has an excellent product and installation, but I have to be concerned about the ethics of some franchise owners. It appears that Re-Bath of Northern Nevada crosses the state line to do business in various northern california communities such as Truckee, Susanville and South Lake Tahoe. They do so in violation of California Law. My mother waned a tub-to-shower conversion and had made an appoitment with Re-Bath of Northern Nevada, but after asking me to check them out, I discovered they do not have a California contractor's license, nor do they have workman's comp. in California. It is deplorable that they would prey on the elderly, putting their home at risk. I invite Mr. Hansen to prove to us that he operates legally in California.
How does he prey on elderly? If he is licensed in NV. how bad can he be? Maybe he is in the prosess of getting licensed in CA. He is not taking money and running like half the general contractors in the industry. Rebath in general is a great product and great people, with the exception of a few rotten apples.......out of over 200 dealers WORLD wide. and yes I am a fellow Rebath dealer since 1995. Rebath is the only system that can be trouble free if the installation is done properly.

I have been installing tubliners since 1995, We started into refinishing in 1999 for our economy package and it blew up in our face!! service call after service call. we have very few service calls on liners. so I guess liners was not your forte and refinishing was not ours. I guess we should all stick to what we know best and not knock other products that we don't know or don't have mastered? Rebath are the only liners that fit properly. I have installers that have installed every brand made and claim Rebath liners are the only PERFECT fit. We have replaced many of our competitors liners and 50% of them are the fact the liners do not fit properly. the other 50% was installer error/installation procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back