Install New Universal Ceiling Fan Receiver Remote Kit

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

06Honda

Reaction score
Decided to start a new thread on my ceiling fan. Well I removed the bad receiver as you can see in the images. The casablanca receiver is basically plug and play install but the universal ones for sale at the local hardware stores have alot less wires. The main question i have is how to wire the universal remote kit in the same area of the old one. As you can see by the images the large square plug from the old receiver has several different wire colours plugged into the back: red, black, yellow, pink, grey and white. Do I just match up the universal remote kit wires and ignore this square plug? Added a pic of the current remote also.

Pic 1.jpg

Pic 2.jpg

Current Remote.jpg

Last edited:
Decided not to try and wire a universal in but will call company directly and get their replacement kit instead. Should be much easier to install and likely less time wiring for sure.

So ordered a replacement/upgrade kit from Casablanca directly. Total cost was $136.00 and changes including shipping to southern Ontario address. Not too bad seeing the fan originally cost $900. Being plug and play easy install for a novice like myself.

All went well, the coil did not need to be connected to as it is either in the new receiver or not required. Black and white connected to black and now the fan shuts off; works on all speeds and the light works correctly. Thanks for helping out this non-handy man. :)

Back