Hardwood flooring job in Elk Grove, IL

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheesefood

Ask me bout homebrewtalk.
Reaction score
Putting out a request for bid on a hard-wood floor install in Elk Grove Village, IL. Don't know if anyone here installs flooring, but I'm interested in finding someone local. If you do this professionally and have some local references, PM me to set up a time. I'm not looking for stores that are going to sell me stuff and force me to use their guys. Did that at our last house and got burned by really, really bad installers.

Anyway, the job is for one floor, no stairs. It's a 2,200 sq ft house so we're looking at a living room, dining room, kitchen, foyer, and half-bath. Might also include putting up new moulding around the house as well (depending on price).

I'll be interviewing several crews for the job.

I've got the best guy you'll find. Reasonably priced, excellent workmanship, reliable... His name is Cornel, but I have to find his number. I'll get back to ya. ;)

Or you could do it yourself. Best fun anyone could have. I get really into it and sometimes hide my joints in closets, under doors, this mind you, after cutting it and putting it down un-nailed to check the fit.

Or you could do it yourself. Best fun anyone could have. I get really into it and sometimes hide my joints in closets, under doors, this mind you, after cutting it and putting it down un-nailed to check the fit.

No thanks. Why hide your joints? Just smoke them in the garage like everyone else.

I never smoked. Figured everyone else could make up for my share. I'm loopy enough as it is.

Joints........I would get the longest tongue & groove Longleaf yellow pine boards I could. Usually eights or twelves. Never liked that random length stuff and even worse, the equal length short stuff. Just looked too busy. After getting all nailed and done, then filling, sanding and finishing. Very pretty wood with several layers of poly on it.

My neighbor had a floor put in by a "professional". Guess who's floor squeaked?

if you are looking for wood floor installer call 630-281-0189 jim for quote
Putting out a request for bid on a hard-wood floor install in Elk Grove Village, IL. Don't know if anyone here installs flooring, but I'm interested in finding someone local. If you do this professionally and have some local references, PM me to set up a time. I'm not looking for stores that are going to sell me stuff and force me to use their guys. Did that at our last house and got burned by really, really bad installers.

Anyway, the job is for one floor, no stairs. It's a 2,200 sq ft house so we're looking at a living room, dining room, kitchen, foyer, and half-bath. Might also include putting up new moulding around the house as well (depending on price).

I'll be interviewing several crews for the job.

Back