auto joke: fwd car with rear chrome cover

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racsan

getting in gear
Reaction score
took a old 8.8 cover that had rust-through holes, painted it with chrome spray and hung it underneath the taurus, next i need a 4x4 emblem for the trunk deck. looks real at first glance.
next002-1.jpg

SO, when are you gonna wheel the Taurus?

I don't think most people would get it (as 4wd)
Some people chrome the covers just to make it look better

Was the rear driver's side door on your car repainted?

It seems to be missing the "clear coat" on top of the paint.

before i got this car it had had some heavy bondo work done on the drivers side, mostly the rear door. it had cracked and rust was coming through, so i knocked off most of the putty (1/2 a cricso can) and redid it. just not as heavily. i didnt clear coat it due to the "yellowing" that occurs with aerosol clear-coats. i also dicarded the factory molding and put a 3" chrome tape stripe down the side where the molding was. some day i'll do the other side.

It looks fine. You just have to be looking at it from the right direction to notice anything at all.

I expect the rear axle cover would be lost on most people who see it. It would take them a while to figure out that the car is a front wheel drive car so it shouldn't have a rear axle.

And, I suppose the odd person might conclude that you opted for the 4WD option.

Back