help with yellow water (neutrilizer on well went out)

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwhit

Reaction score
So my neutrilizer went out a couple weeks ago and I just noticed it and got it fixed. My problem is my toilet got a yellow film on it during the 2 weeks i was running the water without the neutrilizer. I got the toilet cleaned and it is staying clear. But the shower floor will not clean up. So i believe that the hot water heater got that same yellow film built up inside it and thats why i am still getting the staining only wear hot water comes into the house. So my question is how do I clean the yellow film from the inside of the water heater?

I assume by neutralizer, you mean a PH correction unit. I also assume you have an iron filter which works best with a neutral PH. So if your neutralizer quit raising the PH, the filter would bypass some iron into the home. I don't think you need to worry about the Water Heater. Just use the water and the yellow should take care of itself. As long as the iron filter is working properly that is.

Back