where to install a dishwasher

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ct67_72

Reaction score
Im still in the process of closing but Im trying to arrange my projects and one of the first ones i wanted to do is to add a dishwasher. Im looking at pics of the kitchen and for the life of me cant come up with a good idea for the dishwasher.
N290162_801_18.jpg

N290162_701_18.jpg

let me know what you think.
oh and for size reference the ceiling is 10' tall

Last edited:
Most people put the dishwasher by the sink but it looks like you can't do that. I'm with you I can't see where you can put it either without redoing the whole kitchen. How about a portable one? Don't even know if their still made. Good Luck!

i was thinking the same thing. this may be my only option. Im going to look into the portable ones. any other ideas?

Can you build a penninsula out from the sink area?
Possibly also move the sink into this area?

Im not sure I follow. like building out from the current counter inward toward the center of the kitchen like? that might work

Lay it out on a piece of paper,with all the measurements and take it to the local big box store. They have computer programs to lay things out and see what fits....then sell you a kitchen.
Show us what they come up with.:clap:
You may even have room for an island.

thats a good idea. I wanted to use the kitchen for maybe an informal dining area, but maybe I can do that with an island and stools, and put the dishwasher in the end of it

You might can sacrifice some cabinet beside and under the sink and fit it there.

yea, the simplest thing for a built in DW might be to re-configure the base cabs where your sink currently is. Problem will be finding matching cabs. tear out that entire base section - new cabs, sink, top, DW, etc.

Yes - portables DWs are still made. Just gave one away where I re-did this kitchen.
Episode #65 - A Handyguys Kitchen

nice work. i think it will come down to redoing that whole section. Thanks guys

Back