Oven Hinge Replacement

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daljanet2

Reaction score
I recently purchased an old 1969 mobile home with an original oven and broiler that works fine except the right oven hinge doen't catch. Oeeffe & Merritt Model 12-5056 oven parts are not available. Is this fixable. I am handy but have not taken the oven door apart to look at the hinge yet. Any ideas?

This is fixable, finding a part is always the problem. You could remove the entire door and install a custom hinge.

It may just be the spring which is loose or broken. If it's a drop in or slide in just slide it out and you should be able to see the problem. If it's a free standing type you may need to take the side off.

Have you tried these guys:

Antique Gas Stoves - Antique Vintage Stoves

Most likely O'Keefe and Merritt would probably have used the same door hinge on both their gas and electric stoves. I know this company sells the door hinge springs, but you'd have to find out if they sell the hinges. Maybe they know of a local fabricator that can repair the hinges.

Their phone number is 909-484-2222 and you can e-mail them at: [email protected]

Last edited:
Back