Cleaning thinset/grout off tools.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InTooDeep

Reaction score
So did some tiling over the weekend and I made a stupid assumption that thinset dries by evaporation. So as I was tired after a long days work I put my dirty tools in a bucket of water and came back the next day to clean them.

Hardened completely. Any tips on cleaning this stuff off the tools or am I getting new ones?

I always hose off the tools at end of day ... NEVER let thinset or Rapidset dry on your tools. If beating the stuff off the tools does not work, I would bite the bullet and get new. What man does not get a thrill from buying new tools anyway?

TILE.jpg

Problem was that it's 30 below out here. So no hose available.

I started making swimming pools with some Italian men back in 1968, I would make the skim coat cement by hand ( this went under the plastic liner). If i did not clean up the tools 110% i would get such a hard time for weeks.

A wire wheel on a grinder cleans it up real quick. Ask me how I know??

yes, yes it is. lol I'm hoping the doc can fix me up tomorrow.

lol, I hope so.

This one handed stuff i.e. typing is getting old. So is telling customers sorry, maybe later.

That would be good. Too many days without a sign is bad for business around here.:agree:

Back