Enclosed sliding door

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yod12

Reaction score
I have an enclosed sliding door that gets more jammed every time I or my son tries to work on it. The front roller seems to be on the track, but no matter how we try to get the back one on - if it's even there, it gets more and more stuck. How can I deal with this?

Likely you want to change the wheels, they do ware out. On one side remove the trim and and 1" X 1/4" stock and the door will swing out and you can lift the rollers off the track. Find rollers of the same design or yoiu will have to replace the track too, which would involve opening the wall to the pocket. When hanging the door again make sure it hangs plump before you install trim, they are adjustable.

I had a girl that hung plump once!Just kidding Neal.Neal is correct.Most of the rollers used to be made out of nylon and held up fairly well but now there made from all sorts of plastic on some lower end doors.The longer you fight it the more damage you may do.

Back