It's me.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordi88

Reaction score
My name is Jordan. I am 19 years old and live in a small boring town in the middle of no where (E.G., Kansas). A few months ago I purchased my first home. It was built in 1915 and is 1705 square foot. It is already a nice place to live, but hope to renovate it, room by room, and make it an even nicer place to be. :D

Good for you to buy a house at a young age. Sounds like you have found "the house repair college."
Ask away and we will help as best we can.:)

Welcome Jordi:
Purchasing a house is probably your best investment in your life. The only way you could invest better is to buy a winning lottery ticket; but then, there is no gurantee of a winner.
I've been seeing a lot of financial advisers on TV lately and all of them would be proud of you. They would insist you make more than the stated amount of the payment each month, because the more you can add along the way, the more payments you can cut off the end.
Glenn

Welcome Jordi:
Purchasing a house is probably your best investment in your life. The only way you could invest better is to buy a winning lottery ticket; but then, there is no gurantee of a winner.
I've been seeing a lot of financial advisers on TV lately and all of them would be proud of you. They would insist you make more than the stated amount of the payment each month, because the more you can add along the way, the more payments you can cut off the end.
Glenn

Pffftt!!! Tell Dave Ramsey minimum payments rule. After all, with all of the money left over every month I'm able to add equity into my investment. :)

That's a very strong point. I rest my case.
Glenn

Back