Sticking toilet handle??

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smcgill

Reaction score
Sticking toilet handle??
OK why ?
After 8 or 9 years what would cause the handle to keep sticking????????:(
Toto is the name and has been preforming great until now?:confused:
I open the cover , the chain doesn't hang up on anything, the flapper flaps??
I have loosen and tried to tighten but no change!:help:
Sean

Just replace it.
Most likly it's the metal shaft inside that gotten corroded.

Over time the moisture in the air inside the tank causes the metal to corrode causing it to hangup. It's called OLD AGE:(

My Bad !
So he did.
I apologize!
Old age HHnn , A lot can be said about that!
Sean

So with that Info, I applied WD40 to the inside of the handle and it seems to helped. When I get a chance I will replace it. :beer:

Look for one with the brass shaft not a cheap plastic one.

May want to price an after market one. I'd bet that Toto is way more money.

While your at it buy a new flapper and chain just to have in stock because these things always break when you have a house full company on Thanks giving or xmas, have a spare is priceless.

Having the new flapper on hand is a great idea. I've mentioned before that I work for the water utility here and when that flapper starts letting water seep through your water bill is going to go through the roof.

People I know have a huge house with six bathrooms. They phoned me at 10. pm one night because a toilet broke and they had a house full guests. I told them to fix it with a peice of masking tape and felt pen. When they asked how, I told them to put the tape on the door and write closed on it.

Back