Range Top Works, Oven & Front Control Doesn't?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mainah

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm hoping some of you can help. We've just moved into a new home with a Flat Top Fridgidaire Range that was manufactured in 2006. The complete range & oven worked when we went through our home inspection and when we moved in (yesterday). Now today, the range top works, however, neither the front control panel or the oven seems to be getting any power to it.

Any ideas as to whether this could be due to the appliance itself or the electrical connection? Perhaps some combination of the two?

Thanks in advance for any solid leads!

And if that does not work, it could be a loose electrical connection. If one leg of the 220 gets loose, you only get power to half the appliance.
Then you shut down the main breaker and tighten the lugs on the cuicut, or call an electrician.
And if that does not resolve the issue, call your appliance folks...it's broken.:welcome:

Yup, tried the basics like flipping the breaker. We just had some electric work done to update the line into the house and consolidate two old panels. I'm thinking that perhaps this could have lead to the loose connection?

the glass top of the stove cracked with a small hole in it. it is on its side. Can i fixed it on my own?

The info on checking the work done on the new panel definitely saved me some $! The connection for the range was not grounded correctly by the electrician initially...

Back