Best Way to Move Pallete's from Front of House to Backyard

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcastro

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was hoping to get some advice. I just had a shipment of stones delivered to my place. The truck driver said he couldn't get his truck onto my driveway and/or the grass to boom the stones into the yard. I need to get the stones off the front lawn (about 10 pallets) in the most cost effective manner.

Anyone have any ideas? I thought about a pallet jack but seeing that the pallets are on the cold ground/lawn I think the pallet jack would simply sink into the ground.

Call a local landscape company or three, and find someone with a bobcat skidsteer. That is your best option. Next is a local farmer with a bucket or pallet forks...Or get the wheelbarrow out and start hand loading to the back yard. This way you can make similar piles of certain pieces of stone.....unless they are concrete bblocks.

Sorry, but I have been at it a while, there is no easy way.

Thanks inspector, I am going to give the local rental yard a call and see how much they charge to rent a skidsteer with fork attachment.

yeah, the skid steer is way cool and would be easy altho it will tear up the yard.

Maybe hiring some day laborers for a few hours would be cheaper than the skid steer.

When I'm up against stuff like this I first think power tools but in actuality sometimes these things can be done just as fast the old fashioned way (wheelbarrow) when you consider the time to get the bobcat, load and unload it plus the time to repair the lawn.

On the other hand - you have a project with stones, some type of retaining wall, landscape wall, patio or something (you don't say) could the bobcat do double duty? In other words, can the bobcat help you in other ways for your project?

Back