kitchen layout

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackandgold8

Reaction score
I looked at a home that as built in 1929 yesterday. It's price is very comfortable for me, and the yard was very nice. The kitchen, however, is gutted and kind of odd shaped. I drew out a layout in paint, and have a couple pictures. Does anyone have any experience with a layout like this (pictures?) or any suggestions on a way to lay things out? I'd like to have a dishwasher with the sink, but honestly I'm not even sure how to layout a fridge and stove. They had a stove kiddie cornered against the odd shaped wall...

Imageshack - kitchendrawing.png

Imageshack - imag0079cb.jpg

Imageshack - imag0086j.jpg

Imageshack - ktichen1.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help guys.

To what extent do you want to do this remodel ? Are any of the walls or doorways removable ? What is underneath all of this ? Can the plumbing be moved ? What is under the windows ? A screen ? How high is the bottom of the window ? You gotta love old houses & their doors...
I see some sort of broken up plan coming together, but it depends on if you can move the sink/DW to under the windows. What are the dimensions of these walls ? You could probably put the stove where the sink is now & frig across from there against basement wall. That's kinda broken up & doesn't give you great counter space. But it's a start without knowing much more information.

Back