DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > General Chit-Chat > Best push lawnmower???

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating using the link above.

Old 06-04-2016, 09:39 PM  
Rockrz
Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts

Default Best push lawnmower???

OK, so I'm thinking about upgrading our push mower which we've had for 3 years now that I've already had to change the drive belt once for the front wheel drive and buy new front wheels that are already wearing down significantly and they are less than a year old.

The one we have now is a Troy Built with a Briggs and Straton. The engine seems to run just fine (I had to add an inline fuel filter and a high performance spark plug... might put some headers on it, I dunno )

IF I do get a new mower, I'd like one that is front wheel drive only and one that the belt for the front wheel drive is easily accessible. The one we have now was a PITA to replace the belt on.

I have heard people say the Honda lawn mowers are really good. Can anybody vouch for them, or have other recommendations?

Oh and, I never under any circumstances use the bag to collect the grass in. I just let er mulch it up since I like to streamline my mowing and get the job done without a lot of hassle.

Last edited by Rockrz; 06-04-2016 at 09:48 PM.

Old 06-05-2016, 02:58 AM  
oldognewtrick
HRT_ADMIN.png

Liked 1379 Times on 1096 Posts
Likes Given: 403

I have a Honda and love it. Starts first pull, every time.