Please help me

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mblackwolf

Reaction score
Okay, I have a wall problem. Let me start by telling you i have never really done home repairs minus helping my brother fix some carpeting on a porch. I live in an apartment complex and any damages i am liable for. I do not want to pay for damages so i was hoping someone could give me a newbies guide to how to solve my problem. I have a dog and it got into the kitchen and chewed on the wall. It tore a large patch of the facing paper off of the drywall and also chew a small (about 2" by 3") hole in the dry wall under the paper. The hole didnt break through the drywall just sort of dented it? I looked online to find way to fix it but the only thing they had was holes through the drywall and it said to cut a peice out and replace it. As I said before i havent done home repairs so i dont have the power saw etc.... I was wondering if there was an easier way to fix this without cutting out the drywall and buying a powersaw. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Buy some joint compound, and a drywall taping tool better known as a wide putty knife. Apply a little each day and let dry until the void is filled. Or buy some quick dry compound and get at it fast. Sand any remaining off with some sand paper....prime and paint.
Your local hardware store will help you, this is as easy a fix as it gets.:)

thanks for the help. Am i going to need to reapply the facing paper and if so how would i go about doing this? thanks again
One last thing.... He also chewed parts of the molding around the door. How would i repair that or replace it....??

Your on the right track, you do not need to replace the paper but they do sell it. It will crack less as you work. The moulding, they sell colored putty, give it a try.
Then get the dog a chew toy, way cheaper than whats happenin.:)

Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate it alot. Yeah I have decided instead of using a gate and locking him in the kitchen to just go ahead and buy him a cage. A bit more pricey but stop all the damages. Thanks again for your help i believe it will come in handy alot over the next week or so.

Back