need IT HELP{{!!!!!!!!!!!!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frodo

Reaction score
I need IT help, I have to edit this in my mouse stops working

here is the story, I ran defender, ot says I have a trojun So I reset the pc wiped out everything

Now I have windows 1o,

mouse stops working and disapears, i have no sound, a another driver check says 14 drivers are broke/gone

pci to pci bridge is messed up.

how do i get my drivers repaired, I am reading that windows 10 has these issues

my system is hp pavilion desktop 8.1 64 bit now is windowws 10

what do i do ?

Last edited:
How did you "wipe out" everything?
I'm no IT guy at least not anymore but, I think you need to restore the system using the original restore disc set that came with your system.
From there you can upgrade it to windows 10 and then go to HP's website and grab the drivers and firmware updates for your system relative to windows 10.
HP is fickle because they are proprietary.

I wiped out using the instructions hp provided with the pc

it is called reset, then it reinstalls windows programs

Last edited:
I wiped out using the instructions hp provided with the pc

it is called reset, then it reinstalls windows programs

Does HP give different options to wipe out instead of a reset?
I'm thinking the whole thing has to go including the operating system, which depending on terminology would not be a program. Programs are called Apps nowadays and folders are libraries. Creates alot of confusion for me but, they are trying to make computer and smartphones almost the same device.

A lot depends on how much was wiped out the last time - that's a foggy description. Did you keep the OS? Had you backed up your files? You might try to just do a recovery (through the OS). If you really did burn everything on the drive, you might be better of reformatting the disk and starting from scratch, but man, that will be painful.
Of course, you could call HP and see if they will offer advice.

back online, 14 drivers were corrupted, installed windows 10 and updated drivers

it is basically a new computer,

back online, 14 drivers were corrupted, installed windows 10 and updated drivers

it is basically a new computer,

Good job. Over time computers can get bogged down with junk and twisted all up with my so-called custom tuning.
I wish I could reload to day 1 but, I don't believe that Windows 10 is free anymore (not that I like windows 10 but, prior versions are no longer supported).

I kinda cheated, buddy of mine , owns a computer repair business, I took it to him, and he hooked me up

I'm glasd to hear you weren't captured by zombies!

Now answer my email to you.

I'm glasd to hear you weren't captured by zombies!

Now answer my email to you.

sorry, but when I got back into my email account i had 876 emails

i deleted it, LOL,,,i gave it a quick look to see if anything was important

opps...missed yours. wonder what else i missed ?

Latest posts

Back