Hanging closet pole in middle of room

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mo99999

Reaction score
Any ideas on how to hang a closet pole from the ceiling in a room. I am creating a closet in a small bedroom that will eventually be combined with another room to create a master bedroom & want to create a closet to resemble what will eventually be there. I want to hang a pole from the ceiling for now. Eventually there will be a wall to attach the closet rod but for now I want to hang a rod from the ceiling in the same spot where I will hang clothes. How do I anchor it to the ceiling so it will support the weight?:confused:
Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Pipe strap wooks well. Use metal strap and the screws with a larger head. Loop it from the celing to the pole and back up the other side and back to the ceiling. Good Luck. G

Screw eyes into the ceiling joists and chain, cable or rope.

If the pole placement comes between joists, I suppose I will have a problem with weight. I haven't checked that yet. Any advise if it turns out that way?

If the pole placement comes between joists, I suppose I will have a problem with weight. I haven't checked that yet. Any advise if it turns out that way?

A piece of 1x4 screwed across two joists with the pole hanger screwed in the 1x4 where required. It's only temporary. Screw holes are easy to patch.

your screw eyes don't have to come to the very end of the pole and in fact they shouldn't. If we are talking about a very heavy load then the eye should be a eye bolt not just a screw in type, but the hook that goes into the ceiling is fine just make sure there not to light duty.

Back