Painting DONE!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hack

Reaction score
Finally. I don't paint exteriors, so I hired the work out, but the painter did a great job. Two full weeks of prep and 6 weeks of painting later, it's DONE!

I didn't do this exterior paint because of the height, and because I didn't have the time to dedicate to getting it done in a timely fashion. It also allowed me to spend time on other projects...

Not the best pictures. The sun was in a bad place, and I use a cheapo camera... :eek:

Before...
IMG013.jpg

IMG016.jpg

After...
IMG_4661.jpg

IMG_4662.jpg

Detail (red trim)
IMG_4663.jpg

Nice choice on the colors. Looks like they did a nice job.
At my homestead I am in charge of the building it, and the wife paints.
Of course I still get all the skyhigh stuff.:D
Doesn't it feel good to have it done.
We got snow yesterday and you still have leaves. No paintin here till spring.

I actually hired this work out. It's too high for me. The right side of the house is almost 45' from turf to peak of roof, so I passed.

I thought I could scaffold the house and do this myself, but working 40 hrs/wk really complicated things.

They spent 6 weeks painting. Two full weeks of prep work alone.

The colors we chose were pulled from a vintage/antique color selection card from Sherwin Williams. We also had a color consultant look at the colors we had selected to get her thoughts.

Being that we are in a historic district, all colors have to be approved by the committee before we can paint...:eek:

Well, sometimes it pay's to hire someone else as you said.
By the way, they call them hysterical districts around here.:D
I grew up in a town which was founded in 1633, very old homes, I'm "farmiliar" with the districts.;)Glad it worked out.

I don't care about the pics I can only says that you made in successfully and it really looks good. I would to see some pics of your interior designs if you have.

Back