DIY (Very) Simple budget Drain Camera

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could you have put inside a sugical tube?
I did not try surgical tubing. I did try clear plastic/vinyl poly tubing and automotive vacuum tubing. the poly tubing (think was cheap ice maker line tubing) came rolled up in a spool (like a hose) and would not flatten out enough to get down to the bend in the p trap. The vacuum tube was too 'rubbery' on the outside and wouldn't slide down smoothly.

Here's (most of) the stuff I tried:
wWPFKMj.jpg

Yes, I looked at the Klein fish tapes at my local HD. Unfortunately, the most affordable one (~$20) was poorly reviewed (on hd & other websites) b/c it was not super flexible (plain steel variety) did not extend/retract nicely. I confirmed this somewhat by messing around with it at my local hd. I know I would like to have a good one down the line, but this project I tried to have a small budget.

Now you have it cleared some what you could wrap it up in a water proof clear plastic and float it down the drain and wait for it to dry out and veiw things as you pull it back out:p

This looks like something illegal going on....i am going to call home land security ...maybe they will run a camera down there if we tell we saw sum'n 'spicious

Back