AC Problem

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babo

Reaction score
Hello,
This question was probably already answered but to be honest its too darn hot to sit at the PC and go trough all of answers and find right one so I will be quick.
Basically fan works on AC unit but cold air does not come.
I bought the house few months ago and did not use AC until today @ 95F.
Anyhow I removed panel and try to see if any wires are burned or damaged but nothing and then I heard sound on the plug area its has to do with power coz I see 3 wires black, yellow and light blue connected to the what looks like plug that goes in to main unit that looks like stump ( not sure what its called ) its big black thing in the middle.
Two copper houses are connected to it and this plug with 3 wires.
I let it run and every few minutes this cranking sound comes from this 'plug area" as if air unit is trying to kick in but it wont.
Any idea would be helpful or do I need professional for this job.
Thanks,
Sid

You'll need to educate yourself on terminology of the basic system components in order to post a more sensible description of what your talking about.
I suspect your looking at the compressor unit. It would help to know if the fan for the condensor coils runs when the compressor runs.
Maybe repost your question after doing some research on the basic system components along with a picture of what your referring to.

A HVAC company (try Craigslist) can do a check-up for $70. Well worth the cost and speed you toward cool air. Just don;t believe the most expensive option first . . . some guys are less than honest . . . but ALL GUYS on this board are completely honest. :0)

air conditioners take quite a beating over the course of a hot summer, so you can only expect that troubles will eventually arise!

Latest posts

Back