Need Some Advice Please...

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PearlWhiteGT

Reaction score
I have a 1 bedroom, 1 bath condo & want to do some updating before I get ready to sell it. I need to make it look better than any of the other units that are there. Most of them look just like mine. (Old) So what are some of the things I can do to make it look real nice.

I plan on doing some painting, adding ceramic tile in the kitchen & bathroom & carpet in the rest of the unit.

I would like to do something with the cabinets (paint, stain, etc.) that are in the kitchen & would like to replace the counter tops with something that's not expensive but newer looking.

The windows will be replaced too.

I would like to keep it as chaep as possible too....

Please excuse all the cluter since it is being rented at the time. The renter will be out at the begining of the year & that is when I plan on doing the updating.
Thanks for any advice!!!!!!!!!!!

-Mike

2007_0810condo0027.jpg

2007_0810condo0031.jpg

2007_0810condo0030.jpg

2007_0810condo0035.jpg

Nice place, I wouldn't bother, your not going to get your money back.
The different colored counter tops versus the cabinets is a little wierd but, that's not a show stopper.

I would contact a good well known realtor. They want you to get the most out of your home, so they get paid a percentage of what it may be worth.
Paint and some updates can be a waste of time and money,it depends all on your market.
But usually cleaning up the clutter does most of what you may need to accomplish in todays market.

Hi
I am having a problem with choosing lightening ,and color for a small basement with low ceilings. There is a pony wall which surrounds the outer part of the entire room. i was hoping to paint my room "Onionskin" and do an accent wall in a faux finish. I am hoping you would be able to tell me if this idea will make my room appear smaller ?? also any lighting ideas you can give me would be very much appreciated.
Thankyou
maggie

PearlWhiteGT
I agree with Inspector - don't do anything. Price it right and let the buyer do the fix up. If yours is priced lower the buyer can see the potential.

If your realtor advises a fix up, because people in your market want a move in condo, then check out this site with 40 progress pictures:

http://ratemyspace.hgtv.com/snc/Vie...itemguid=bdf27445-d502-4bc9-a215-a9339887d4c7

Then you'll have to come back to this site to figure out how to do all the work.

Thanks again! I going to try & sell it by owner first. If I have to use a realtor then I will.

Latest posts

Back