Claw Tub Break Up

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandbuoy

Reaction score
We have a 5' claw tub we would like to dispose of. I really wanted to sell it, but at 300 pounds, two flights of stairs and a 90 degree bend..no way. Its a 1920s, very thick, nice procleain and has lion style claws. Think some one would remove it for free?

You could advertise "free for removal" but, most of your replies will be from scrap metal collectors.
It would be a shame to see such a piece of americana taken to scrap.

My wife and I talked about that. Just breaking it up and scraping it for iron. Get something for it that way but destroys the tub. Had a contractor that was interested in it but lost his home from the bad market, so can't use it now. Same thing with him, he'll remove it but will sell for scrap. Might go that way if nothing else works out.

Take a picture of it and stick it at the local plumbing supply stores, just don't tell anybody there.:D
As Mentioned, craigslist is so easy to use.

To prevent someone from destroying it you should set a price greater than the scrap value.

Where do you live, Sandbuoy? In Portland, we have lots of great local shops that pay for authentic pieces like that. Search around - a lot of times you can describe/send a picture of what you have and they'll give you a quote. In my experience, sometimes the cash is worth the pain.

Been watching the ads on CraigsList and there are quite a few available. some have been relisted for months now. Not sure it will worth the time of tearing out the doorway, getting a few guys to help get it out and then trying ti sell it.

After taking a look at how to get it out whole I am wondering if its worth it. I has to be stood up on end to get it out of the bathroom. Then stood up again to get it around the step corner. I can just see this thing rolling over on someone or crashing down breaking something.

Latest posts

Back