High tech roof inspections

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

havasu

Since I am preparing to purchase a new home, I called a company to conduct an inspection of the property. All I can say is things have gone high tech. The company I used uses underwater camera to inspect the pool plaster, uses an indoor "sniffer" to conduct air samples for mold spores, and used a drone to inspect the recently repaired roof.

Pretty cool stuff!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyH_aW138BA&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

That's fab..
I don't like the level valley between the garage and house that only drains one side, we wouldn't get away with that.

Thanks Neal. So is the correct way to build up the center and make it flow in both directions?

One way or both ways, It might be there just can't see it, all we do is cut a tapered peice of plywood for the bottom. that sits high on one end low on the other. that's not to say level wouldn't work. It depends on how high the rubber goes under the tile. I would want to see in the attic and if there is no evidence of a leak, it should be good. Nice looking place. Wonder why. so meny repairs.

I spent a few hours with the inspector in the attic. There were no signs of old water stains visible. There is a small mold spot over the ped door in the garage leading outside, but meter said it was nearly dry and appears to be damage before the roof repairs.

This house is owned by a couple of Middle Eastern folks. They moved out years ago, and now the only person residing there is an older bachelor son, who obviously doesn't know what a screwdriver looks like.

That's pretty cool.

We have been talking about getting a drone so we can do before and after videos of a build. I'll have to show my boss this video. I'm sure HO's would like to get a copy too.

Latest posts

Back